What is the National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC)?
The NMDS-SC gathers information about the adult social care workforce. Social care employers can use NMDS-SC to register and update information about their workers. The benefits to you of registering with, and updating, NMDS-SC are:
- you will have the opportunity to access money for training
- you can access free e-learning on topics such as dementia and end-of-life care
- you can keep staff records in a free, secure, online resource, including information about their skills and qualifications
- the ability to anonymously compare your pay rates with other people
- reviewing how other people recruit their staff.
The NMDS-SC is also used to influence government decisions on policy and funding.
For more information, visit www.skillsforcare.org.uk/nmds-sc. There is an e-guide video to explain the NMDS-SC and specific information for individuals who employ their own care and support staff.